Date: Sunday, September 3, 2023
Time: 6:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., Festival 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Main Location: Butler Field in Grant Park
235 S. Columbus Dr.
Chicago, IL 60604
Download the Fifth Third Bike the Drive app for maps of the route and festival, start and end times, safety information, and plenty of other details about the event.
Please sign your waiver and make sure everyone included in your registration has also signed their waiver. People who have not signed the waiver are not event participants and registration will be canceled. More here.
We’ve implemented the Emergency Alert System, which is a color-coded flag system and will be located along the course and at the festival.
The flags communicate the status of conditions. Please familiarize yourself with the color indicators and remain alert for directions from event officials and volunteer leaders. Look for the flags at the rest stops, the festival, and along the course.
Potholes are also a safety hazard — always be aware of road conditions and warn others whenever possible. Here’s a list of potholes and other potential road hazards to be on the lookout for.
Southbound DuSable Lake Shore Drive (starting from the north end)
- Bumps north of Lawrence Ave.
- Bumps near Diversey Harbor
- Bumps on North Ave. bridge
- Pothole near Cedar St.
- Between Roosevelt and 18th, many bumps and cracks
- Bumps near I-55 off-ramp
- Pothole north of 43rd St. pedestrian bridge
- Bump north of 47th St. off-ramp, right lane
- Pothole north of 51st St. off-ramp, left lane
- Bump south of 53rd St. off-ramp
Northbound DuSable Lake Shore Drive (starting from the south end)
- Pothole, Everett Ave. near the stop sign south of 57th.
- Pothole near 53rd
- Multiple large bumps south of 47th
- KEEP AN EYE OUT: A large pothole near 47th St. in the middle lanes
- Pothole south of Oakwood Bridge
- Bumps North of 35th St.
- Large bump, left lane south of I-55 Off-ramp
- Pothole under McCormick Place Pedestrian Bridge
- KEEP AN EYE OUT: A section with many bumps and cracks between 18th and Roosevelt
- Bumps and cracks near McFettridge
- Bumps and cracks south of Monroe
- Bump south of Chicago Ave.
- Large hole south of Oak Street Beach
- Large bump at Division St.
- Many smaller holes on the Fullerton Bridge
- Large holes on Montrose Bridge
- Bumps south of Bryn Mawr
- Holes under Bryn Mawr bridge
If you see a DuSable Lake Shore Drive exit or entrance with no police or traffic management personnel blocking access, please call our non-emergency hotline at 312-216-0464
Helmets are required.
Slower riders to the RIGHT, faster riders to the LEFT.